I've been chat banned for a year after having served a 2-day sentence.
Can you please point out what I said that was particularly offensive? I don't believe I said anything wrong, at all. (Of course all of the messages are deleted so there's no evidence of anything.) My version of the events is that:
- Balarka Sen called me a "cuck." I flagged this message as inappropriate.$^1$
- Balarka Sen was automatically suspended for 30 minutes.
- Art of Code came into the hbar and told me to behave, without citing which behavior was out of line (I don't think I was out of line at all).
- Art of Code froze the room for 5 minutes for an unknown reason.
- I made a comment in the math room about moderation being very tough and that we're unable to discuss physics in the current climate. This was half meant as a joke but I don't think it's inappropriate in any case.
- I said that a hooligan came into the physics room and got it frozen by calling me a cuck. "Hooligan" was meant as "troublemaker," which is an accurate description.
- I was suspended for two days.
- Balarka Sen was suspended for one day.
- Every message was deleted.
- Today I found I was suspended for a year.
Can someone please point out where in here I committed an offense, or correct the record if I have made an error?
I'm sure that someone will say that I have lots of flags so I had this coming, but the flag system is pretty bad. Consider the following example:
I was flagged and suspended for this message a week after it was posted. This was clearly not in good faith, and I believe my record is not that bad if one filters out these kinds of incidents.
In any case, David Z has talked to me about being "more welcoming" in chat. And while I think I am always very welcoming, I have tried to accommodate his wishes. And in this instance I don't think I did anything wrong, so why was I suspended for a year?
$^1$ I have talked to Balarka after the fact and this was a joke on his part.