Frequently Asked Questions
This thread is an index of Frequently Asked Questions, and other resources, for Physics Stack Exchange.
General questions about Stack Exchange
For general questions about the use and customs of the Stack Exchange platform in general, see the overall FAQ,
This glossary may also be useful.
Frequently Asked Questions about Physics Stack Exchange
- How do I ask homework questions on Physics Stack Exchange?
- My question was closed on Phys.SE. Can you recommend me another internet site where my question might be on-topic?
- What counts as sufficient prior research when asking a question?
- Are resource recommendations allowed?
- Is non-mainstream physics appropriate for this site?
- Are engineering questions appropriate for this site?
- How should we handle how-to-find-a-specific-reference requests?
- Should any check-my-work questions be made on topic?
- How do we write good question titles?
- Can I ask several related questions in a single thread?
- How can I cite a question in SE?
- Should abbreviations and acronyms be discouraged?
- How do you cite yourself?
- Is there a standard place to point people to learn how to typeset their equations?
How can a question be added to this FAQ?
- Ask only the question, stated plainly and simply, in the question body. The answer goes in an answer.
Link back to this index. Paste this at the end of the question:
[Return to FAQ index](/q/11305)
- After the post has the faq tag added to it, add a link in the above table of contents.