Upvote mechanism does not always work on this site.
I often see great answers with zero votes that are unaccepted.
This is what tends happens:
- Spend significant amount of time adding an answer
- In comments OP explains what they don’t understand
- Comments or answer is updated, investing more time
- OP may start arguing and does not even engage with new concepts, this is something like Dunning-Kruger effect
- The answerer patiently replies
- This goes back and forth and is never resolved
- Everything fizzles out without any recognition or upvotes
My latest example,
Now, this might not be widespread, it might just happen that I’m interested in topics that attract said people, and that get little traffic.
My questions to everyone are:
- How can we make sure correct and great answers are rewarded rather than getting nothing?
- Is this a problem you encounter?