This is probably an issue just because the site is young but I still keep coming to great older questions that I missed and that haven't received the attention they should've.
This is because I joined the site few weeks after it launched, so I missed some of those early questions. And so did lots of other people who joined later. Is there any direct mechanism for bringing these older questions into the front so that they can get attention (and in particular votes)? I can think of few procedures, but every one of them has certain problems:
- I can edit either the question or some answer. But this is just a work-around and I am not sure it's polite towards other, newer questions (not to mention towards author of the post I am editing).
- I can provide a new answer. Again, this is not what I want to do in general: there might already be a good answer (or more of them) but I'd like more people to come and check them (and provide votes, most importantly).
- I can make the question featured. This feels again work-aroundish. Because I don't really want to award any bounty. I just want people to come and look at the question and answers already provided.
Of these three approaches I think 3. is the best but it doesn't really solve the problem.
So here are the questions:
- Do we want to get older questions that (lot of) people missed to the front?
- If so, what is the best way to accomplish it?