I want to ask a question about a phenomenon from a science fiction movie I saw recently. I looked for existing questions related to science fiction and found a wide range of feedback. For example, here are three questions I found and their current status:
- Does Quantum Physics really suggests (sic) this universe as a computer simulation ? (sic): -2 votes.
- Could teleportation ever really happen?: 4 votes.
- Time-travel and random events: 0 votes, closed.
Therefore, I must ask:
- Are questions based on science fiction off-topic? The question that got 4 votes was actually considered off-topic in the Theoretical Physics Q&A Area 51 proposal.
- If asking about science fiction is not a problem, then what are the characteristics of an acceptable question and those of an unacceptable question?