What are the options I have, to revert a community edit? I don't want to simply edit my question; I was looking for something similar to a roll-back option where the approvers are notified that I wish to reject their proposed edits.

I might be missing out on some obvious existing way to do it but help would be appreciated.

Case in point (3rd edit changed the question to something that doesn't make sense any more)


1 Answer 1


There is a rollback option, but it doesn't notify anyone, just creates the reverse edit. You can find it on the bar for the second (and first) revision of the post.

A Community edit is just one that was suggested by an anonymous user.

  • $\begingroup$ Thanks for the reply. Actually, I don't mind the first and second edits. I'd like to retain them. I can't find 'rollback' for the community edit. $\endgroup$
    – mehfoos
    Commented Feb 22, 2014 at 11:06
  • 3
    $\begingroup$ @mehfoos The rollback option on a revision rollbacks to that revision. The reason the Community one doesn't have the option is because it's the newest one $\endgroup$ Commented Feb 22, 2014 at 11:08
  • $\begingroup$ Ah, I see! how silly of me! $\endgroup$
    – mehfoos
    Commented Feb 22, 2014 at 11:10

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .