I upvoted a post mistakenly. Then I tried to cancel my vote but I couldn't because my reputation isn't enough. How can I cancel my vote?

| |
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ Learn to live with it. It is very far from a tragedy. $\endgroup$ – Emilio Pisanty Apr 28 '16 at 9:47

You cancel a vote by re-clicking the arrow for that vote, which you have the rep for that vote. That is, you cancel a upvote by clicking the up-arrow again. And the rep limit for that is the same as for casting the vote in the first place.

It sounds like you tried to cast a downvote which is a separate action.

That said, there is a time limit for canceling votes. After 5 minutes (I think) you won't be able to cancel that vote unless the post has been edited in the mean time.

| |
  • $\begingroup$ Thank you dear dmckee. You right. Now what can I do? $\endgroup$ – lucas Apr 27 '16 at 21:11
  • 3
    $\begingroup$ @lucas Do better next time ;) $\endgroup$ – Danu Apr 27 '16 at 21:12
  • 2
    $\begingroup$ @lucas There is not much you can do but hope that the post is edited. We generally discourage people from making or proposing edits just so that they can reverse a vote. On the other hand, one misplaced vote is not a tragedy in the long run, so don't fret it. $\endgroup$ – dmckee --- ex-moderator kitten Apr 27 '16 at 21:12
  • $\begingroup$ @ But that post was wrong. Any way, thanks a lot. $\endgroup$ – lucas Apr 27 '16 at 21:15

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .