Here are 20 most viewed questions that need answers. Some of these questions may have answers with negative votes. Only questions with upvotes will be removed from this list. This list will be updated as questions are answered (which will be replaced with other questions that need attention.)
How you can help:
- Answer some of these questions!
- Edit questions to make them more polished.
- Start a bounty on some of the more interesting questions.
- Support askers and answerers with upvotes where deserved. If you take a look at the edits made to this question, you can find questions that have been answered by the lovely members of the community.
I modified a query to fit Physics.SE to give unanswered questions (that are open) and have a high number of views. You can also run the query for one or two answers if you want.
I did find that there were some questions that were quite popular and disappointingly did not contain any answers.
If anyone would like to handle some of these questions, that would be amazing!
Please edit these questions as you see fit (and fix any weird tags.) There is a lot of re-titling to be done and much-needed language cleanup or clarity in the body of the questions.
Hit the 'ole star button on this meta post to get notified of updates.
Here are the top 20 questions needing answers:
- Quantum fields from cluster-decomposition principle
- Relationship between phase velocity and group velocity using the de Broglie postulates
- Relation between intensity of light and amplitude of electric field?
- How to calculate the velocity of fluid at the outlet when density and the pressure drop are known?
- ratio between conduction current and displacement current
- How to calculate the magnetic dipole moment of a bar magnet?
- Damping ratio and damping coefficient of two objects connected by spring
- How to calculate uncertainties of a natural exponential function?
- Four probe vs Two probe method
- Derivation of Euler-Lagrange equations for Lagrangian with dependence on second order derivatives
- Materials with Zero Poisson Ratio
- What are Griffiths effects in the context of condensed matter physics?
I will update the above list periodically.