- History of Science and Mathematics 2.4k 2.4k 11 gold badge66 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Mathematics 261 261 11 silver badge88 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 253 253 11 silver badge44 bronze badges
- Engineering 213 213 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- Physics 199 199 88 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 10 How did Newton guess that the answer to the 3-dimensional "kissing problem" is 12?
- 7 How did Archimedes's water clock work?
- 6 Did Gauss see the analogy between number-theoretic concepts and knots?
- 6 Did Newton find the trajectory of a body moving in uniform gravity under the quadratic resistance law (the ballistic problem)?
- 6 What was the "libration of Pallas" that Gauss studied, when Pallas is not a moon of Jupiter?
- 6 How to interpret Gauss's late fragments on conformal mapping of the interior of an ellipse (to the unit disk) in modern mathematical terms?
- 5 Did Gauss know Jacobi's four squares theorem?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.