middle school highschool student and a moderator on Quantum Computing SE.
Right now, I'm especially focused on reading about spontaneous parametric down conversion and am working on an experiment related to that - I've finished building a TEA laser, and am working on obtaining the crystals and other optics I need. I've recently finished the ideal half of a quantum computer simulator I'm working on - please feel free to try it out (it's on my github)! I'm working on adding stuff that will simulate noise and decoherence in the qubits.
I always enjoy learning new things about Python - I've started reading recently about machine learning. I also read a lot of Tolkien (I'm working on a paper comparing Durin and King Arthur), sci-fi, and mythology - I'm currently reading through the Discworld books (just finished Sourcery and starting Wyrd Sisters soon).
Support beta sites and area 51 proposals =)
Caves beneath Helms Deep
Member for 3 years, 4 months
436 profile views
Last seen Oct 29 at 5:45
- Physics 6.1k 6.1k 22 gold badges2424 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 5.7k 5.7k 22 gold badges1313 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Computer Science Educators 4k 4k 99 silver badges3636 bronze badges
- Literature 3.3k 3.3k 1111 silver badges3636 bronze badges
- Quantum Computing♦ 2.1k 2.1k 11 gold badge99 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 417 To reach out: on Monica, the Lavender community, and the future of the Stack Exchange network
- 170 Programming cleanly when writing scientific code
- 114 Dear Stack Exchange: a statement and a letter from your moderators
- 98 Did Snape really give Umbridge a fake Veritaserum potion that Harry later pretended to drink?
- 48 Did Upper Management ignore the growing tension in the TL that resulted in Monica's being axed?
- 42 How to explain what code is to my parents?
- 41 How can I convince my fellow CS teachers that reaching every student is a worthwhile goal?
- View more network posts →