I participate on this site because I really enjoy physics and because I would like to learn more about what makes an online community work well. Questions often interest me more than answers – although I think the best answers are grounded in observation and experiment. I’m optimistic that there are still many surprising discoveries yet to be made in the physical sciences. I believe physicists should be good citizens. I believe my children will know things about the natural world I can’t even imagine – and will learn them in ways quite different than how I was educated.
Member for 7 years
23 profile views
Last seen Jun 28 '15 at 16:27
Top network posts
- 40 How much information about the scale of a waterfall can be obtained from its sound?
- 17 Where do high-energy neutrinos come from?
- 15 How do seismologists locate the epicenter and focus of an earthquake?
- 15 What is the evidence for the super-rotation of Earth's inner core?
- 12 What determines a mineral's hardness?
- 12 How are the patterns in solid rock born
- 11 Interpretation of a seismogram (three components)
- View more network posts →