Update: After contributing to Physics Stack Exchange for almost three years, I stopped in June of 2021 when Stack Exchange sold itself to a subsidiary of Naspers.
I have a Ph.D. in theoretical physics from a leading university. After receiving my degree I was a post-doctoral researcher and lecturer for a few years, teaching graduate-level physics courses to doctoral candidates and publishing four papers in peer-reviewed journals such as Physical Review D. My modest research output has been cited more than 200 times by other researchers, but I made no breakthrough discoveries. During my time as a grad student and a postdoc, I was fortunate to work with three world-class experts in General Relativity and cosmology. I left physics after my postdoc for personal and financial reasons but continue to be interested in physics and mathematics.
I enjoy helping others learn about how physicists view the world, regardless of whether they intend to be physicists or are just curious about physics.
Member for 2 years, 11 months
206 profile views
Last seen Jun 9 at 0:20
Top network posts
- 80 How is water heavier than petrol, even though its molecular weight is less than petrol?
- 66 Do photons bend spacetime or not?
- 56 Why don't merging black holes disprove the no-hair theorem?
- 55 Do planets orbiting stars emit gravitational waves?
- 49 If visible light has more energy than microwaves, why isn't visible light dangerous?
- 47 Why isn't the GPS location calculated from the Schwarzschild metric?
- 42 Is the force of gravity always directed towards the center of mass?
- View more network posts →