I'm a physics professor at Oxford University. I've been in the business about 30 years but only started in StackExchange late 2018. I've done a lot of teaching, and written undergraduate textbooks on Special Relativity and on Thermodynamics. My professional research includes experimental and theoretical quantum information and some other aspects of basic physics, such as entropy and radiation reaction (self-force), as I find opportunities to contribute.
Member for 1 year, 10 months
12 profile views
Last seen Apr 20 at 13:34
Top network posts
- 95 Can mathematics lead to a result which is physically untenable?
- 60 In the double-slit experiment, why is it never shown that particles may hit the space between or outside the slits?
- 57 Why exactly does diffraction occur?
- 37 Why is the ideal gas law only valid for hydrogen?
- 33 What happens when a photon "dies"?
- 32 Do Maxwell's equations predict the speed of light exactly?
- 27 Why is Google's quantum supremacy experiment impressive?
- View more network posts →