I'm a physics professor at Oxford University. I've been in the business about 30 years but only started in StackExchange late 2018. I've done a lot of teaching, and written undergraduate textbooks on Special Relativity and on Thermodynamics. My professional research includes experimental and theoretical quantum information and some other aspects of basic physics, such as entropy and radiation reaction (self-force), as I find opportunities to contribute.
Member for 9 months
5 profile views
Last seen Feb 11 at 16:31
Top network posts
- 57 In the double-slit experiment, why is it never shown that particles may hit the space between or outside the slits?
- 56 Why exactly does diffraction occur?
- 32 Do Maxwell's equations predict the speed of light exactly?
- 26 Why do accelerating bodies have an event horizon?
- 24 Will tsunami waves travel forever if there was no land?
- 24 How can electric field be defined as force per charge, if the charge makes its own, singular electric field?
- 20 Will a free neutron radiate if it is decelerated?
- View more network posts →