A physicist, accountant (CGA,CPA), and software developer by training, and a professional developer by employment, I wrote my first computer program in FORTRAN w/ WATFOR in high school. Since then I have written device drivers for a PDP-15, CAD/CAM applications in C, and Database applications in everything from FORTRAN (?!) and C to SQL and MS-Office.
I currently build financial and business applications professionally, mostly with VBA / C# / SQL, while developing my own Napoleonics game engine in C# on weekends and evenings.
- History 43.2k 43.2k 66 gold badges126126 silver badges203203 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 10.5k 10.5k 11 gold badge2121 silver badges5050 bronze badges
- Board & Card Games 8.5k 8.5k 1010 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 2.5k 2.5k 99 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Game Development 2k 2k 88 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 121 Did Russian winter seriously contribute to German defeat on the Eastern Front in WWII?
- 106 Why didn't Hitler have more submarines in the English channel?
- 87 Why is there a difference in checking null against a value in VB.NET and C#?
- 63 What is the significance behind "40 days" that often appears in the Bible?
- 57 Why did LBJ, a staunch segregationist, champion and sign the 1964 Civil Rights Bill?
- 54 What is the most number of brothers who became ruler of the same country?
- View more network posts →