Algebra is the offer made by the devil to the mathematician. The devil says: “I will give you this powerful machine, and it will answer any question you like. All you need to do is give me your soul: give up geometry and you will have this marvellous machine.” . . . the danger to our soul is there, because when you pass over into algebraic calculation, essentially you stop thinking: you stop thinking geometrically, you stop thinking about the meaning.
Sir Michael Atiyah
My real first name is Brian and I am a Malayali. The name on SE came from a friend google translating my name into Japanese and back.
My Anki Deck for Highschool Chem (Based on the Indian Syllabus)
I apologise in advance for the terrible answers and questions you may see on my account. However, I can assure you that I am getting better by the day.
Present Day, Present Time.
Member for 2 years
91 profile views
Last seen yesterday
- Mathematics 6.1k 6.1k 22 gold badges77 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Physics 6k 6k 11 gold badge1818 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- Academia 1k 1k 66 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Chemistry 661 661 55 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Electrical Engineering 433 433 22 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 66 What is the physics behind origami?
- 33 Accused of cheating due to the time accounted by Blackboard
- 30 The usage of chain rule in physics
- 26 I ran a nail through a wire at home, should I worry?
- 23 What effect does closing a lid in some recipe do?
- 23 I found that a method I was hoping to publish is already known. What would be a proper way to retract emails sent to professors asking for help?
- 19 Is there any fundamental reason why acceleration is a linear function of external forces?
- View more network posts →