I have a first in mathematics from Cambridge and a Ph.D. from London in mathematics, on the topic of the mathematical construction of QED. My principle research interests have been in a mathematically rigorous and conceptually coherent treatment of relativistic quantum mechanics, and I have also published papers on galactic dynamics. I have written a dozen or so papers published in reputable journals (inc PRSA and MNRAS) with a couple of hundred citations in total, and three books on theoretical physics and cosmology, Structures of the Sky, The Large and the Small, The Mathematics of Gravity and Quanta, showing that modern physics and cosmology can be understood and mathematically described.
Member for 11 months
18 profile views
Last seen Jan 18 at 16:58
Top network posts
- 36 What is a simple argument to prove that the stars in the sky are further away from the Earth than the Moon?
- 31 When a microwave oven stops, why are unpopped kernels very hot and popped kernels not hot?
- 25 Is the nucleus smaller than the electron?
- 19 Name of concept: Replace classical variables by quantum operators
- 18 Do bubbles get created when you move something in water?
- 16 Why doesn't the nuclear fusion in a star make it explode?
- 14 Is "Mass" really measuring unit for inertia?
- View more network posts →