I am a Principal Scientist at Dependable Computing in Charlottesville, VA, where we work on safety case engineering, formal specifications, requirements gathering, and other safety-critical and security-critical software engineering issues. I have a PhD in Computer Science from the University of Virginia, with my dissertation involving a genetic algorithm exploration of neural network models of the hippocampus. I've also previously earned Masters degrees in Physics/Astronomy (involving General Relativity) and Computer Science (involving improving multi-processor implementations of hippocampal neural network simulations).
Member for 8 years, 2 months
0 profile views
Last seen Aug 1 '15 at 20:48
- Stack Overflow 4.8k 4.8k 44 gold badges2323 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 2.3k 2.3k 11 gold badge1010 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Philosophy 754 754 77 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 680 680 44 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Physics 363 363 22 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 119 Why does git-rebase give me merge conflicts when all I'm doing is squashing commits?
- 108 Handwriting is to illegible as drawing is to what?
- 66 How do I prompt the user from within a commit-msg hook?
- 40 What is the Star Trek Episode where aliens from another dimension are sent to our dimension when they die?
- 39 How bad is "if (!this)" in a C++ member function?
- 29 Trying to delete directory with "rm -rf", but get message that it's not empty
- 23 First use of the term "warp" to denote travel/speed?
- View more network posts →