Any sufficiently complex deterministicity is indistinguishable from stochasticity.
Postdoc of physics dealing with complex systems, chaos theory, scientific computing, networks, analysis methods, and theoretical ecology. To get an idea what I am doing, take a look at my publications or this journalistic report on my work.
My username is pronounced [ˈvʀ̩ʦl̩ˌpʀm̩ft] and comes from a list of names you should not give to your child, which in turn got it from this guy.
Member for 7 years
7 profile views
Last seen Oct 6 '20 at 9:58
- Academia♦ 46.5k 46.5k 1313 gold badges147147 silver badges222222 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 25k 25k 55 gold badges6161 silver badges132132 bronze badges
- German Language♦ 21.1k 21.1k 66 gold badges5959 silver badges125125 bronze badges
- Graphic Design♦ 13k 13k 55 gold badges5151 silver badges8383 bronze badges
- Mathematics 4.6k 4.6k 11 gold badge1818 silver badges4040 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 225 Why shouldn’t I use Unicode characters to simulate typographic styles (such as small caps or script)?
- 191 What does the typical workflow of a journal look like?
- 172 Is declining an undergraduate award which causes me discomfort appropriate?
- 154 I got the following comment from a reputed math journal. What does it mean?
- 154 What does the typical workflow of a journal look like?
- 129 Why shouldn’t I use Unicode characters to simulate typographic styles (such as small caps or script)?
- 110 Graduation, site closure, and a clearer outlook on the health of SE sites
- View more network posts →