physics enthusiast and electric bassist, recovering ex-engineer (there's a 12-step program for that but it's notoriously ineffective). Tries to answer questions on the stack exchange in order to help people and improve his game. Website full of weirdly cool stuff he's done at www.nielsenkillowatt.com
corvallis, oregon, united states
Member for 5 years, 6 months
27 profile views
Last seen 2 days ago
- Physics 25.5k 25.5k 66 gold badges3535 silver badges7272 bronze badges
- Engineering 4.3k 4.3k 11 gold badge22 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Aviation 3.4k 3.4k 11 gold badge55 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Lifehacks 694 694 11 silver badge88 bronze badges
- Philosophy 560 560 99 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 157 Why do spaceships heat up when entering earth but not when exiting?
- 71 Why does the humidifier make a stove's flame orange?
- 71 Why can we distinguish different pitches in a chord but not different hues of light?
- 64 Why do fusion and fission both release energy?
- 57 Emissitivity of copper - Why are copper heatsinks all shiny?
- 45 Vacuum collapse -- why do strong metals implode but glass doesn't?
- 43 Why do we use capacitors and not batteries in defibrillator?
- View more network posts →