physics enthusiast and electric bassist, recovering ex-engineer (there's a 12-step program for that but it's notoriously ineffective). Tries to answer questions on the stack exchange in order to help people and improve his game. Website full of weirdly cool stuff he's done at www.nielsenkillowatt.com
corvallis, oregon, united states
Member for 7 years
33 profile views
Last seen Feb 25 at 0:47
- Physics 49.8k 49.8k 1212 gold badges6565 silver badges127127 bronze badges
- Aviation 9.9k 9.9k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges3636 bronze badges
- Engineering 8.1k 8.1k 11 gold badge55 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Philosophy 2.3k 2.3k 11 gold badge44 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Lifehacks 1.2k 1.2k 33 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 161 Why do spaceships heat up when entering earth but not when exiting?
- 145 Why do fans spin backwards slightly after they (should) stop?
- 135 Why does a sticker slowly peel off, but if it is pulled quickly it tears?
- 108 Why doesn't the road lose its thickness to the tyre?
- 75 Why does the humidifier make a stove's flame orange?
- 74 Why can we distinguish different pitches in a chord but not different hues of light?
- 64 Why do fusion and fission both release energy?
- View more network posts →