physics enthusiast and electric bassist, recovering ex-engineer (there's a 12-step program for that but it's notoriously ineffective). Tries to answer questions on the stack exchange in order to help people and improve his game. Website full of weirdly cool stuff he's done at www.nielsenkillowatt.com
- Physics 59.6k 59.6k 1212 gold badges7575 silver badges146146 bronze badges
- Aviation 13.1k 13.1k 22 gold badges2626 silver badges4545 bronze badges
- Engineering 9.8k 9.8k 11 gold badge66 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Philosophy 2.9k 2.9k 11 gold badge44 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Lifehacks 1.2k 1.2k 33 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 166 Why do fans spin backwards slightly after they (should) stop?
- 162 Why do spaceships heat up when entering earth but not when exiting?
- 136 Why does a sticker slowly peel off, but if it is pulled quickly it tears?
- 109 Why doesn't the road lose its thickness to the tyre?
- 75 Why does the humidifier make a stove's flame orange?
- 74 Why can we distinguish different pitches in a chord but not different hues of light?
- 64 Why do fusion and fission both release energy?
- View more network posts →