physics enthusiast and electric bassist, recovering ex-engineer (there's a 12-step program for that but it's notoriously ineffective). Tries to answer questions on the stack exchange in order to help people and improve his game. Website full of weirdly cool stuff he's done at www.nielsenkillowatt.com
corvallis, oregon, united states
Member for 5 years, 9 months
27 profile views
Last seen Nov 3 at 7:10
- Physics 27.6k 27.6k 77 gold badges3636 silver badges7474 bronze badges
- Engineering 5k 5k 11 gold badge33 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Aviation 4k 4k 11 gold badge66 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Lifehacks 764 764 11 silver badge88 bronze badges
- Philosophy 656 656 1010 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 156 Why do spaceships heat up when entering earth but not when exiting?
- 133 Why does a sticker slowly peel off, but if it is pulled quickly it tears?
- 71 Why does the humidifier make a stove's flame orange?
- 71 Why can we distinguish different pitches in a chord but not different hues of light?
- 64 Why do fusion and fission both release energy?
- 57 Emissitivity of copper - Why are copper heatsinks all shiny?
- 46 Vacuum collapse -- why do strong metals implode but glass doesn't?
- View more network posts →