Professor of Astrophysics at Keele University, UK
Scientists are not dependent on the ideas of a single man, but on the combined wisdom of thousands of men, all thinking of the same problem - Ernest Rutherford (but I'm sure he meant women too...)
Member for 6 years, 3 months
150 profile views
Last seen Jun 6 at 18:54
- Physics 86.4k 86.4k 77 gold badges180180 silver badges296296 bronze badges
- Astronomy 76.7k 76.7k 55 gold badges177177 silver badges258258 bronze badges
- Biology 418 418 22 silver badges99 bronze badges
- The Great Outdoors 234 234 22 silver badges55 bronze badges
- Space Exploration 179 179 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 211 If I sliced the universe in half, would the slice go through a star?
- 190 Seeing something from only one angle means you have only seen (what?)% of its surface area at most?
- 162 Why is the discovery of merging neutron stars important?
- 133 How can there be 1,000 stellar ancestors before our Sun?
- 108 Would we have more than 8 minutes of light, if the sun "went out"?
- 89 Could the dinosaurs have seen the asteroid that killed them?
- 85 Why doesn't the nuclear fusion in a star make it explode?
- View more network posts →