In an alternate universe, I'm a theoretician interested in (algebraic and differential) geometric aspects of physics, gauge theories, non-perturbative quantum field theory, string theory/M-theory, and the application of representation theory to physics.
In this universe, I develop code analysis software at SAP.
Having all the answers just means that you've been asking boring questions.
"Once we have bitten the quantum apple, our loss of innocence is permanent." - Ramamurti Shankar
"The more we learn about the world, and the deeper our learning, the more conscious, specific, and articulate will be our knowledge of what we do not know, our knowledge of our ignorance." ~ Karl Popper
"Rigor cleans the window through which intuition shines." ~ Ellis D. Cooper
"Evil is having reason, always, many and many. Is only good having no reason. Little one hugs, no reason. Just is." - "Digger", by Ursula Vernon
Member for 7 years, 1 month
1,224 profile views
Last seen 2 hours ago
- PhysicsMod 95.1k 95.1k 2626 gold badges190190 silver badges501501 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 1.3k 1.3k 1010 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Role-playing Games 859 859 11 gold badge88 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Mathematics 405 405 44 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Philosophy 359 359 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 235 Why doesn't matter pass through other matter if atoms are 99.999% empty space?
- 132 If gravity isn't a force, then why do we learn in school that it is?
- 131 Can radioactivity be slowed through time dilation?
- 119 Why do travelling waves continue after amplitude sum = 0?
- 91 When is it useful to distinguish between vectors and pseudovectors in experimental & theoretical physics?
- 76 Why exactly do sometimes universal covers, and sometimes central extensions feature in the application of a symmetry group to quantum physics?
- 70 Why exactly do sometimes universal covers, and sometimes central extensions feature in the application of a symmetry group to quantum physics?
- View more network posts →