I am a computer programmer.
I frequently contribute to the English Language Learners Stack Exchange. My native language is (American) English. I have lived in several parts of the United States, but not in the South or Midwest. On the other hand, my wife was from the Upper Midwest, and many of my college classmates were from the Midwest, Texas, Kentucky, and the Deep South.
Member for 5 years, 3 months
0 profile views
Last seen Sep 2 at 6:18
- English Language Learners 22.3k 22.3k 44 gold badges4646 silver badges8181 bronze badges
- Politics 5.7k 5.7k 2121 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 3.8k 3.8k 1010 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Personal Finance & Money 3.3k 3.3k 99 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 2.7k 2.7k 99 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 99 What officially disallows US presidents from driving?
- 88 Do native speakers use "ultima" and "proxima" frequently in spoken English?
- 67 Does "take a second" mean "take a second look"?
- 53 Are "confidant" and "confident" homophones?
- 49 Why are so many countries still in the Commonwealth?
- 46 The mortgage company is trying to force us to make repairs after an insurance claim
- 45 Examples of when the professional scientists or mathematicians were wrong, but the nonprofessionals were right?
- View more network posts →