I've been seriously coding since 1995 and had my hand in a lot of the Perl and CPAN infrastructure and wrote the Perl testing library, Test::More.
I focus on the "intangibles" of software engineering and architecture, and take a broad, polyglot approach to software. Rather than learning the latest hot framework, I focus on the techniques and patterns which are the foundation for good software.
If you like my work here, and you'd like to hire me for mentoring or consulting work, I can be found on https://codementor.io/schwern
- Stack Overflow 117.7k 117.7k 2020 gold badges141141 silver badges278278 bronze badges
- History 45.6k 45.6k 1010 gold badges126126 silver badges167167 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 28.9k 28.9k 44 gold badges7272 silver badges114114 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 12.2k 12.2k 44 gold badges4545 silver badges6161 bronze badges
- Physics 4.1k 4.1k 22 gold badges1414 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 501 What is the difference between public, protected, package-private and private in Java?
- 286 How do I install g++ for Fedora?
- 242 How do I find the next commit in git? (child/children of ref)
- 232 Did the UK homicide rate go up after handgun ownership was banned?
- 220 Why didn't Germany blockade the Strait of Gibraltar during WW2?
- 195 Git SVN error: a Git process crashed in the repository earlier
- 180 On 1941 Dec 7, could Japan have targeted the Panama Canal instead of Pearl Harbor in a surprise attack?
- View more network posts →