I've been seriously coding since 1995 and had my hand in a lot of the Perl and CPAN infrastructure and wrote the Perl testing library, Test::More.
I focus on the "intangibles" of software engineering and architecture, and take a broad, polyglot approach to software. Rather than learning the latest hot framework, I focus on the techniques and patterns which are the foundation for good software.
If you like my work here, and you'd like to hire me for mentoring or consulting work, I can be found on https://codementor.io/schwern
- Stack Overflow 113.5k 113.5k 1919 gold badges135135 silver badges271271 bronze badges
- History 44.4k 44.4k 1010 gold badges123123 silver badges165165 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 28.8k 28.8k 44 gold badges7171 silver badges114114 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 12k 12k 44 gold badges4444 silver badges6161 bronze badges
- Physics 3.5k 3.5k 22 gold badges1212 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 492 What is the difference between public, protected, package-private and private in Java?
- 283 How do I install g++ for Fedora?
- 237 How do I find the next commit in git? (child/children of ref)
- 232 Did the UK homicide rate go up after handgun ownership was banned?
- 217 Why didn't Germany blockade the Strait of Gibraltar during WW2?
- 194 Git SVN error: a Git process crashed in the repository earlier
- 178 When did people decide that all caps means the writer is shouting?
- View more network posts →