I'm an industrial physicist, but I've also been a university professor, and I still teach as an adjunct. My training is in solid state physics and nonlinear optical response of metal and semiconductor surfaces and interfaces. I work generally in optical physics and photonics.
I also have become a programmer of sorts. I have no formal programming training. For lab work and most in-house work I program in python with numpy, scipy, and matplotlib and often with the Enthought Tool Suite. I also contribute much code to applications that my company sells, and for those I program in Matlab, C++, and Objective-C.
Member for 7 years, 9 months
26 profile views
Last seen May 30 at 15:02
Top network posts
- 86 Why are the electric force and magnetic force classified as electromagnetism?
- 57 Can Newton's laws of motion be proved (mathematically or analytically) or are they just axioms?
- 27 Why do excited states decay if they are eigenstates of Hamiltonian and should not change in time?
- 27 What creates the chaotic motion on a double pendulum?
- 26 Why are four-legged chairs so common?
- 23 Why do physicists say that elementary particles are point particles?
- 23 According to the inverse square law, is the intensity at the source always infinity?
- View more network posts →