I am Chris Ferrie, father of four and happy husband. My day job is academic research where I follow my curiosity through the word of quantum physics. My passion for communicating science has led from the most esoteric topics of mathematical physics to more recently writing children's books.
During the day you will find me as an Associate Professor at the University of Technology Sydney and Centre for Quantum Software and Information. My research interests include quantum estimation and control, and, in particular, the use of machine learning to solve statistical problems in quantum information science. I obtained my PhD in Applied Mathematics from Institute for Quantum Computing and University of Waterloo (Canada) in 2012.
- Physics 2.7k 2.7k 11 gold badge1111 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Area 51 1.5k 1.5k 22 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Theoretical Computer Science 493 493 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Quantum Computing 414 414 11 silver badge88 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 333 333 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 101 Experimental test of the non-statisticality theorem?
- 24 Computational complexity of quantum optics
- 18 What proof techniques have failed for solving the SIC-POVM problem and what new insights have been gleaned from them?
- 15 Decoherence and measurement in NMR
- 14 Port MATLAB bounding ellipsoid code to Python
- 13 Negative probabilities in quantum physics
- 13 Is there anything practical that can be done with a single qubit?
- View more network posts →