I am a plasma physicist. I work with observations trying to understand instabilities and the kinetic physics of energy transport and dissipation in collisionless plasmas.
You might notice that many of the questions I ask are related to quantum. These are driven by curiosity because quantum always confused me, even through graduate school. I could do the symbol gymnastics to get an A, but the concepts never quite sat well and still don't...
Member for 4 years, 10 months
6 profile views
Last seen Feb 13 at 22:09
- Physics 8.3k 8.3k 33 gold badges1818 silver badges8282 bronze badges
- Space Exploration 656 656 55 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Astronomy 335 335 33 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 228 228 44 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 225 225 33 silver badges66 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 52 What does the Moon's orbit around the Sun look like?
- 21 What is the safe distance to a supernova explosion?
- 12 Why is the Sun called an "average star"?
- 12 What is the speed of sound in space?
- 11 Wave reflection and open end boundary condition intuition
- 11 How do we stabilise satellites so precisely?
- 11 Explanation of the waves on the water planet in the movie Interstellar?
- View more network posts →