I am a plasma physicist. I work with observations trying to understand instabilities and the kinetic physics of energy transport and dissipation in collisionless plasmas.
You might notice that many of the questions I ask are related to quantum. These are driven by curiosity because quantum always confused me, even through graduate school. I could do the symbol gymnastics to get an A, but the concepts never quite sat well and still don't...
Member for 5 years, 4 months
7 profile views
Last seen Jan 2 at 18:05
- Physics 9.3k 9.3k 33 gold badges2020 silver badges8989 bronze badges
- Space Exploration 711 711 55 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Astronomy 335 335 33 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 233 233 44 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 225 225 33 silver badges66 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 53 What does the Moon's orbit around the Sun look like?
- 21 What is the safe distance to a supernova explosion?
- 12 Why is the Sun called an "average star"?
- 12 What is the speed of sound in space?
- 11 Wave reflection and open end boundary condition intuition
- 11 How do we stabilise satellites so precisely?
- 11 Explanation of the waves on the water planet in the movie Interstellar?
- View more network posts →