Thinker... Creator... Astrophysicist!
When using a personal pronoun to refer to me in English, I prefer the pronoun he/him/his. I will not feel offended if you use himself, his greatness, sir, or another pronoun of your choice. But really, I have better things to do than worry about whether someone uses "preferred" gender pronouns instead of the singular "they" which has persisted as a natural gender-neutral pronoun in English since the 14th century.
- Academia 2.3k 2.3k 1313 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 1.8k 1.8k 77 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Astronomy 1.2k 1.2k 55 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Physics 903 903 77 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 611 611 1111 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 84 Is pasting an excerpt from Wikipedia in a paper without reference plagiarism?
- 46 I lost the source code for programs I released as GPL. What to do?
- 33 Can the Moon eclipse Venus?
- 32 How far should you go in compromising your work to get it published?
- 23 How do airlines compute weight allowances for carry-on bags?
- 20 What do you call a situation where you have choices but no good choice?
- 18 Short story about future where living space is at a premium
- View more network posts →