I'm a postdoc at the Max Born Institute for Nonlinear Optics and Short Pulse Spectroscopy in Berlin, Germany. My main research topics are strong-field and ultrafast physics, including tunnel ionization and high-order harmonic generation, as well as, more recently, structured light.
My profile picture shows the topology of a polarization knot that's produced by combining light beams with different frequencies and spin and orbital angular momentum, from figure 1 of the polarization-knots paper.
- Physics 116.9k 116.9k 2828 gold badges281281 silver badges570570 bronze badges
- Mathematica 9.4k 9.4k 11 gold badge3232 silver badges6363 bronze badges
- Academia 6.3k 6.3k 3333 silver badges6262 bronze badges
- Mathematics 2.2k 2.2k 1414 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 2.1k 2.1k 1616 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 396 What is Chirped Pulse Amplification, and why is it important enough to warrant a Nobel Prize?
- 283 What is Chirped Pulse Amplification, and why is it important enough to warrant a Nobel Prize?
- 196 Seeing something from only one angle means you have only seen (what?)% of its surface area at most?
- 182 Why is it "bad taste" to have a dimensional quantity in the argument of a logarithm or exponential function?
- 174 Would a pin head heated to 15 million degrees Celsius kill everyone in a 1000 mile radius?
- View more network posts →