Professor at the Mathematics department of the University of Geneva. Mostly working at the intersection of probability theory and statistical physics.
With a colleague, we have written an introductory book on the equilibrium statistical physics of (classical) lattice spin systems, from a mathematically rigorous point of view. It has been published by Cambridge University Press. A more detailed description, as well as the latest preprint version of the book can be found here and will remain available indefinitely. We will keep a list of corrections and relevant remarks on that page, so your feedback (typos, errors, comments) would be more than welcome!
Member for 7 years, 4 months
21 profile views
Last seen Sep 2 at 11:26
Top network posts
- 35 What are the justifying foundations of statistical mechanics without appealing to the ergodic hypothesis?
- 25 Mermin-Wagner theorem in the presence of hard-core interactions
- 24 Fluctuations of an interface with hammock potential
- 17 Difference between theoretical physics and mathematical physics?
- 15 Sampling typical clusters between distant points in subcritical percolation
- 13 Connections and applications of SLE in physics
- 13 Precise statement of Mermin–Wagner theorem
- View more network posts →