Physicist no longer in Academia.
My research background was in atomic physics, mainly laser cooling and trapping, and studying plasmas created from ionized laser-cooled Rb. I also did some work briefly on ion beams created from ultracold atom sources.
I now work in industry doing sensor calibration of Earth observing satellites. Its different from what I am used to, but I have fun doing new things.
Washington D.C., United States
Member for 5 years, 8 months
0 profile views
Last seen Apr 23 '20 at 19:56
Top network posts
- 46 How does Newton's third law apply to an object interacting with air?
- 13 0 Kelvin body moving
- 12 Are we still going to have rainbows if Sun is replaced by another star?
- 10 Why we don't use gamma rays, x-rays or ultraviolet to transmit data?
- 9 In which direction, the force of gravity directed towards?
- 6 Python: using map and multiprocessing
- 6 Swapping array dimensions with NumPy
- View more network posts →