I am a professor working on condensed matter theory. My current interest is in topological order, which correspond to patterns of long-range entanglement in many-body system.
Understanding patterns of many-body entanglement is related to some modern mathematics. For example, the mathematical foundation for 2D long-range entanglements happen to be unitary modular tensor category theory. For higher dimensions, we may need unitary braided fusion higher categories. The mathematical framework for short-range entanglements with symmetry happen to be group cohomology theory of the symmetry group and cobordism theory.
Member for 7 years, 10 months
60 profile views
Last seen Feb 27 '15 at 23:51
Top network posts
- 72 What is spontaneous symmetry breaking in QUANTUM systems?
- 69 What does it mean for a Hamiltonian or system to be gapped or gapless?
- 35 Gauge symmetry is not a symmetry?
- 27 Occurrences of (co)homology in other disciplines and/or nature
- 25 Reconciling topological insulators and topological order
- 24 Topological Charge. What is it Physically?
- 21 What observables are indicative of BCS Cooper pair condensation?
- View more network posts →