Graduate of a major Australian University, 1999 PhD. Theoretical Physics (High Energy Physics). I love this forum since it helps me remember a lot of stuff since forgotten. Whilst I did do postdoctoral research, this was for a relatively short period of time, and even though I taught Uni Physics on a part-time on-and-off basis for years, my career is Information Technology. Since the pandemic began, I have ample time to read posts on PSE!
Top network posts
- 94 Why don't the Earth's oceans generate a magnetic field?
- 86 What is the physics behind origami?
- 61 Why is the air inside an igloo warmer than its outside?
- 38 Why don't opaque objects reflect light?
- 37 Why are the edges of a broken glass almost opaque?
- 37 Why do "relativistic effects" come into play, when dealing with superheavy atoms?
- 36 What did I just photograph? (rainbow way out of place)
- View more network posts →