Note: I couldn't find an explanation here
I'd like to start a bounty (on a question that already received 4 answers) because:
"The current answers do not contain enough detail.."
Could you clarify these points?
- are the answers posted before the bounty is started excluded from the bounty?
- what happens if no new answer is posted, since the existing ones are not considered satisfactory?
- if there is more than one new good answer, can I divide the bounty between them? How do I do it?
Update after the answer
there are two more possibilities:
- what happens if I do not choose an answer?
- if I do not get any new answer and I post an answer, could I give to bounty to my own answer, even though this does not seem a great solution?