I mostly self learn Physics, I don't have a degree.
I have a good grasp on:
- physics we learned at high school.
- A-level physics topics.
- Special relativity.
- Maxwell equations.
Topics I get the idea but still struggle with the mathematics:
- General relativity. (have a good grasp on the Riemann curvature tensor, but yet to get a good intuitive grasp the Ricci tensor and stress-energy tensor).
- Quantum mechanics. (I tend to stick to wave-functions with or without asterisk and operators, the asymmetric braket notation still look too alien to me.)
Topic I barely scratched the surface on:
- Quantum field theory. (I think I got the idea of the Fock space and the annihilation and creation operators, but still need a lot of work understand how and why it works.)
Member for 7 years
43 profile views
Last seen Feb 16 at 18:18
Top Network Posts
- 178 Forward declaration of nested types/classes in C++
- 136 Is using an outdated C compiler a security risk?
- 128 Is visiting HTTPS websites on a public hotspot secure?
- 109 Why don't we store the syntax tree instead of the source code?
- 103 Is it possible to start fire using moonlight?
- 91 How to count all the lines of code in a directory recursively?
- 85 How can I prevent SQL injection in PHP?
- View more network posts →
Top Tags (6)
7 Did Astronomy.SE reopen? Dec 18 '13
4 Formulas are flickering in the preview as I type Apr 26 '15
1 Answer your own question - worked examples Jan 7 '16